Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Desert





My husband and I enjoy driving as often as we can. We always take our son, obviously, and our dog with us when we venture out of the city. There is something about the open road that is so relaxing and in Arizona the scenery is breathtaking. I grew up in New Jersey so when I first moved to Arizona it was quite a shock. I can remember staring at the palm trees, cactus and mountains every time we went anywhere, even to the grocery store. I was in aw of this beautifully state and its natural diversity. Before moving to Arizona I can remember picturing desert everywhere with the lack of "real" trees. I honestly thought that there was just dirt and cactus everywhere. So you can imagine my thoughts when I took my first trip up north. Wow, they have grass and pine trees, it even snows in the winter. I was absolutely amazed by Arizona's natural beauty. Now, my husband on the other hand rarely, if at all, left his little neck of the desert in Phoenix - that is until he met me. I love to travel, that's what my family did, we traveled. So for me to have to stay in one spot was just plain unbearable. When my husband and I, before my son was born, started our little ventures, we would go to places such as Chandler and North Scottsdale. Until on day I had this bright idea to drive two hours north to Sedona. And thus our mini Arizona road trips were born.
The photos I have to share with you today were taken on one of those little road trips in November 2007. Most of them I took hanging out the car window while my husband drove so they may be slightly blurry in spots. I did my best in picking the best photos of the 300 I took, so I truly hope that you enjoy them. I can't be too specific as to the exact location of this photos because they were spur of the moment shots in the middle of the desert. I can tell you that they were taken approximately between 20 and 50 miles North East of Phoenix on highway AZ-87. Please enjoy my photos and comment where you see fil.

No comments: